I have had a slew of kitchen fails lately. Three nights of bad recipes in a row followed by one giant wrist burn from a roasting pan that I even had the dermatologist take a look at. I was feeling a bit let down with my skills, especially living with the Chap who is a fantastic chef. That is…until I made this banana bread. I wasn’t even excited about baking after a recent pizzelle misadventure, but the rotting fruit demanded I at least try.
Finally, some amazing results! And a recipe that I’d put together from a few I’d read. Thank me in advance. This was AMAZING.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
For the Bread:
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Swirl
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour bread pan.
- Mash bananas with mixer. Add butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour. Don’t even think about over mixing.
- In a sidecar dish mix swirl ingredients.
- Pour half of batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle swirl mixture on top. Pour other half of batter on top.
- Mix together all topping ingredients with spoon or hands until crumbly.
- Top bread batter with topping, gently push into batter.
- Bake about 50 minutes until set.
- Devour. Your house smells as amazing as it tastes. You’re welcome.